What makes someone over 60 look older than they are? Unflattering makeup, outdated hairstyles, poor color choices, and outdated styles are usually the culprits. The good news is that once you know what you need to revise, implementing a plan is easy.
1. “Comfy” shoe choices. Avoid Crocs, athletic shoes, or clunky sandals with dressier clothing.
2. Bra and underwear that reveal back fat and panty lines.
3. Eyebrows that are too thin or drawn on in an “orangey brown” or too dark of a shade.
4. Pants that hit the widest part of your leg, baggy in the seat, or pull at the crotch.
5. Old eyewear. Change up your glasses every few years.
6. A hairstyle that needs tending is aging. Ensure that your roots are covered, your “do” is updated, and you avoid a lacquered or frozen style.
7. Stay away from wearing too much black. Black can draw attention to wrinkles and sagging skin.
8. Avoid tops that don’t work with your propotions or have necklines that don’t flatter your features.
9. Wearing glitzy, bold, or rhinestone necklaces can date you. Your best bet will be thinner and more elegant pieces.
10. An all-one-color outfit usually needs pops of color to look fresh and updated. An unrelieved neutral is aging.
Photos from Nancy Queen
Bad eyebrows, too much black, out of date do’s, too much beige and even the celebrities have trouble with their eyewear.
Deep necklines like this can often reveal tired skin, pant lines always detract and a “camel toe” is never in style.